Monday, May 16, 2011

Yet again...


... I was stumbling the internet and came across some pretty funny advertisements. They are vintage style posters advertising current products, including everything from Facebook, to cell phones, computers, and gaming systems. I just thought they were sort of cool to look at, and maybe a bit clever. Nothing I'd really balk at, though they are creative. It's sort of cool to see a juxtaposition of all the technology we have now and how it's advertised, versus what they had 60 or 70 years ago. Imagine getting excited for an improved version of the Hoover vacuum. But in all seriousness, Ads in the 1940s and 1950s had a very definitive and unique style. I can appreciate the effort they must have put into these ads, seeing how much technology has helped me do what I do. I'm not really sure which ones I like best, since they are all pretty fun. But maybe you guys have a favorite!

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/vintage-advertisement-of-modern-technology/

No comments:

Post a Comment