Monday, May 9, 2011

Eastern Inspiration. Western Innovation.

I love this ad. Kyocera’s phone ad has a very interesting look in which has inspired some of my own work. The print ad reads, “We believe that now is a blink. An instant that passes. So we must always be facing forward. Looking for what has not been seen. And while we understand the importance of enjoying the moment, we take greater joy in all the moments yet to come.” I feel like this statement captures the essence of design. I always look for new ideas and ways of communicating to the public that has not been done already. Chapter 11 suggests that a good print ad grabs and keeps your attention, is relevant, and serves as a call to action. And I believe that this ad does just that. It persuades their audience to go out and buy a Kyocera phone while incorporating a flowing visual one can follow through the piece. In the chapter, there is also a breakdown of all the essential parts of a print ad. Kyocera’s ad includes many of the important parts. The sign off at the bottom right is very clever, and it also has the tagline which I think could have been bigger and more noticable. The body text follows the organic image, or product shot, very well. The main visual of the blue man invites you into the image, and helps the audience to identify with Kyocera phones on a more personal level. I also admire structural image at the bottom of the tree. The white space give a kind of minimal feel, but I think that this ad is anything but minimal.


No comments:

Post a Comment