Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Minimalist Design


I came across some really inspiring and effective ads using a minimalist design approach. They are simple, clean, and surprisingly full of information yet void of junky imagery. The picture above is an ad for Coca Cola with lemon. Here is the link to the page: http://www.noupe.com/showcases/less-is-more-creative-and-inspiring-minimalist-print-ads.html. These ads truly embrace the old adage, "less is more" in their creative and unique design. I thought it would be fun to share, since they truly are impressive. I definitely thought some of them were clever, though I admit some of them were a bit above my head. I enjoy these ads because I try to make my designs simple and straighforward. I think it is important to get the point across as quickly and effectively as possible, and the simpler the better. Especially in advertising, the message has to be pretty obvious to attract and keep attention, which is recently getting much shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment