Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spoof Ads


Hooray for Harry Potter No. 7 Part 2!! This poster pretty much sums up my feelings. After our first project, I really got big on the idea of spoof advertising. When I stumbled upon this website, I knew it was almost too good to be true. It's on a site called TheShiznit.co.uk. This particular article, if you click the link to view it, has a bunch of advertisements for movies coming out this year that have been modified to "tell the truth". I think some of them are really clever and others are pretty hilarious. It definitely made me stop and think about why these movies are coming out, particularly the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie... (that one still blows my mind, but I guess everything really is about money). I thought I would share these, even though we have already passed the spoof ad project. I guess now I can better appreciate the artistic intellect that someone put into making these. Here are some of my favorites, but I pretty much love them all!

1 comment: