Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Things to Keep in Mind After Reading the "Advertising by Design" Book

Chapters Eleven through Fifteen have very resourceful information regarding tactics that will ensure the success of various forms of advertisements (web, mobile, television, films, and etc.). Some tips that were necessity to remember discussed the importance of the headline and visual elements in the campaign or design should communicate and express the advertising message together. The quality of typography and color choices also need to be taken into consideration when applying design principles such as: balance, unity, visual hierarchy, rhythm, flow, and/or contrast.

With the previous statements in mind and after reading and reviewing all of the chapters in the book, Advertising by Design, it shows how dependent we have become on modern technology. Small devices like cell phones and I-Pods have a big impact on our lives. They appear to be more popular than laptops and computers right now; pretty soon we will not need a laptop because everything will be able to be done on cell phones. Even I-Pads are becoming a new commodity these days. Designers and businesses know this so they keep this in mind when producing certain products in regards to promoting and advertising to their target audience by using a media (or medium) that will grab the most people’s attention (ex: consumer accessibility on the web). All of this is a little overwhelming because it just makes me think what else can they come up with that will be more popular than the I-Phones or I-Pads.


1 comment:

  1. I can't think anything that Apple hasn't come up with yet, but I'm sure they'll find something. I also agree that cellphones are a huge commodity today. My cell phone is very important to me. However, I wish I could kick the dependency!

    ReplyDelete