Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Funny Ad



I thought that this Brazilian Ad was hilarious! This new campaign from Brazil for Forum Jeans depicts models beating up government officials, illustrating its feelings towards the country's government. I think it successfully communicates a specific story to its audience. I also admire that it grabs the audience’s attention right away. Many people don’t agree with the decisions that the government makes. I guess in these jeans, you will have the power to fight back. I was a little confused about the mud though. Is the Ad implying that these government officials are knee deep in mud? Or something else? ☺
It reminded me of the Levis Ad on page 205, Chapter 10, in the book. I like the minimalistic aspect of the ad as well as the interchanging of different animal material rugs at the bottom. It has a very crafty look in morphing two people together to communicate that men and women both can now where these jeans. However, with the text I get a sense of ‘one size fits all’ even though I know that is not what they were going for. Because the people change in each frame, I think the size 5 01” should as well. Who wouldn’t want those jeans after seeing this ad?!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure the content would be more understood by its intended Brazilian audience. I think it is also important to note that because the political implications of this ad, Forum is directly speaking to young Brazil liberals and using politics and sex to get their attention.

    ReplyDelete