Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fruit Juice

I came across these juice boxes on the web at Trendland.com and I thought they were so clever! I love packaging that actually looks like what is inside it. I think these juice boxes also make a statement about the product--that is as close to the real thing as you can get. This sort of packaging makes it simple for people to know what they are getting, for example strawberry or banana juice. It is a smart move to have the outside of the package reflect the inside, so there is no room for confusion. Advertising by Design talks about making things simple for people so there are no surprises. People like to know what they are buying, and in this case they have some clue right from the start. I also think the little strawberry and kiwi boxes are cute because they are even textured to resemble the fruit. I think it makes a statement about the quality of the product that would appeal to mothers who don't want their kids to have too much high fructose corn syrup or sugary "fruit flavored" juices. Smart packaging can help people make smarter decisions about their food purchases, and ultimately smarter lifestyle choices.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a really interesting concept for product design. It seems like an obvious choice for designing packages for fruit juice yet, its funny that I've never seen anything that even closely resembles these. I think the absence of text is partially why these packages intrigue me. They seem untouched or untampered with and I think thats something we can all agree is desirable in what we consume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This packaging concept is very interesting. The straight forward simplicity will definitely cause this product to stand out amongst competition. Although the lake of text on the packaging adds to the visual appeal, I think it is necessary for a brand name to be visible on the product in order to build brand recognition and loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I must say I never seen anything like these juice boxes. I think kids would love these. But I think I'll pass on the banana juice :-)

    ReplyDelete